UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship
There are 10 scholarships on offer to Year 12 WA high school students.
The UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship Program is one of Australia’s premier scholarship programs. It is a joint venture between the Fogarty Foundation and the University of Western Australia, investing in the future leaders of Western Australia.
There are 10 scholarships on offer for Year 12 high school students from WA. Each scholarship is valued at $10,000 per annum. Applications for 2024 will be open soon.
The UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship Program is enriching our community by investing in exceptional young people who use their skills, abilities and commitment to lead positive change in our community, state and nation.
Since 2004, the scholarships have supported and inspired 176 high achieving students with the aspiration and ability to positively influence their communities
About the program
Students selected for the UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship Program are provided with holistic support through opportunities to learn, acquire skills, build assets and create social networks, including:
- Comprehensive Education Scholarships providing $10,000 per annum to assist in university tuition, accommodation and general living expenses as well as academic, social and career support to retain exceptional young people to our state and nation.
- A Leadership and Enterprise Program to expand horizons by initiating opportunities for exceptional young people to learn from, and have access to, a network of leaders.
- Academic mentoring from a UWA academic faculty member to guide the Scholars’ university journey.
- Access to scholarships for accommodation at university colleges
- Leadership opportunities allowing Scholars to lead projects, initiate ventures and act as an ambassador for the University.
- The Scholars Enterprise Investment Program for Scholar led enterprises, particularly focused on next generation, technology businesses.
- The Scholars and Alumni Network, connecting Scholars with exceptional young people who support, mentor and inspire each other.
Studying at UWA
To be eligible to apply, applicants are required to:
- Be enrolled as a domestic student in Year 12 at a Western Australian secondary school at the time of application
- Demonstrate outstanding achievements during Years 11 and 12
- Display excellence in at least three areas of arts, community service, leadership and/or sports
- Have a predicted minimum ATAR of 98 (or above) or 95 (or above) if you attend Tier A Broadway UWA-identified school
- Provide a 'School Principal's Endorsement Form' as evidence of support for your application. This form should outline your predicted ATAR based on your Year 11 results. Ensure that you provide this form to your school principal to fill out on your behalf.
- Exhibit the competencies of a UWA Fogarty Scholar, with vision, resilience, integrity, self-reflection and adaptability, emotional intelligence, breadth and depth of knowledge and initiative
- Nominate UWA as their first preference in the main round of TISC offers.
How to apply
- Step 1:
- Before starting your application, get familiar with the finer details of the UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship, and prepare your supporting documents detailing your achievements.
- Step 2:
- Use the Matrix document as a guide to assist you outlining your achievements. Along with this document, you will provide all supporting documentation detailing your achievements through our online application portal. *Note: We only accept Year 11 and 12 achievements.
- Step 3:
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate on an online virtual interview during the July school holidays.