To be eligible to apply for postgraduate research scholarships an applicant must be an Australian citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or a New Zealand citizen.
An applicant must also:
- meet the requirements for entry to the nominated Higher Degree by Research course including satisfying the requirements of the University Policy on Adequate Research Preparation (governance.uwa.edu.au/policy/UP11/25);
- be undertaking or intend to enrol in a Masters by Research or Doctoral degree with at least a 66% research component in 2017;
- normally intend to enrol as a full-time student. Approval may be given for part-time award (for domestic students only) where an applicant is able to demonstrate compelling social reasons such as a medical condition or primary care commitments which would prevent full-time study;
- be intending to enrol or be enrolled as an internal student based on a campus of the University for most or all of their period of candidature and scholarship tenure;
- not expect to receive another equivalent award or scholarship to undertake the proposed study which is greater than 75% of the stipend rate: and
- be free to take up a postgraduate scholarship if offered by 31 August 2017. Special approval may be granted on written application for a later commencement date for candidates with unavoidable commitments but any awards offered will lapse if not taken up before 30 October 2017.
Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are only awarded to applicants with outstanding academic records.